ABOUT EMERALD SKETCH ART
The Emerald Sketch’s global mission is to work with children and families within their communities to heal symptoms of post traumatic stress and complex grief when devastated with unforeseeable tragedy.
PLEASE SUPPORT CHILD THERAPY TRAUMA RESPONSE
The Emerald Sketch (ART) Art therapy Response Team is rooted in Newtown, CT:
- effective immediate Art therapy trauma response work began at the “Sandy Hook Healing Project” in Newtown, CT four days after the Elementary school tragedy in which twenty 6 and 7 year old children were killed, plus six faculty.
- The Emerald Sketch Founder directed the child therapy following the Sandy Hook School Massacre
- the Emerald Sketch expanded to serve hundreds of families in Newtown and Sandy Hook, CT, USA
Now the Emerald Sketch is based:
- in Brooklyn and NYC
- to build clinical connections post crisis throughout the nation and globally as requested and/or needed.
- training clinical trauma response for eligible Creative Arts therapists
- Aids in the mobilization of Art therapy trauma response as needed and able
HOW EMERALD SKETCH WORKS
- Emerald Sketch provides direct clinical services and empowers clinicians to help families turn trauma and grief symptoms into resiliency and greater internal balance.
- Emerald Sketch links communities and helps connect art therapists to clients and organizations in regions with recent history of trauma and loss.
- Our Art therapy Response Team provides communities with therapeutic knowledge and high quality therapeutic services such as community outreach workshops and weekly individual, group, or family art therapy sessions.
- As individual families gain relief from the symptoms of post trauma and/or complex grief, it brings awareness for greater health within each individual, thus broadening health within the family and the community.
- The individual understanding inspires relationship building, creative cooperation, and social connections.
- The Core of our model is providing high quality services for the community.
- Social Connection is important to the healing process, families often share the benefits of art therapy with whom they want during Emerald Sketch Outreach Gatherings. This extends the impact of the original healing process through Social Connection.
- Often new families in need of trauma services learn of the art therapy available and are able to connect with a community based art therapist.
The goal of every Emerald Sketch mission is to help families heal from the difficult symptoms of post traumatic stress and/or complex grief, building resiliency, and a sense of balance. The Emerald Sketch intention is for families to establish emotional self-reliance. We do this by providing them the time and practice with professional clinicians to heal, and this is thanks to the generosity of donors and supporters.